More than just weddings!
All events booked at ThorpeWood are managed by Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood. Julie Castleman, the Director and Lexi Hartner, Assistant Director have been assisting clients in planning all kinds of events for years. Julie and Lexi are always excited to find individuals looking for a unique and beautiful location for birthday parties, holiday parties, anniversary parties or baby and bridal showers.
Special Events: (i.e. Birthday, Anniversary) up to 60 people: $500 (5 hour event, which includes set-up and clean-up; also includes a parking attendant)
- Up to 100 guests: $600, over 100 guests $10 per person
- If client would like to add additional hours, the rate is $100/per hour over 5 hours
- If alcohol is served, client is required to hire a bartender through one of our exclusive caterers
- Table linens available for rent
Baby/Bridal Showers/Luncheons: $400 (up to 40 guests/4 hours, which includes set-up and clean-up)
- Additional guests over 40 people are $10/per person
Food service can be provided by Canapés, Renaissance Chef or The Savory Spoon Catering, our 3 EXCLUSIVE caterers. Please contact Canapés at 301.663.8220, Renaissance at 301.228.2433 or Savory Spoon Catering at 240.446.4038 for more information.
We welcome you to consider ThorpeWood and what we can offer for your upcoming event.
Please note that Mountain Memories books ONE event per day.
Additional items available for use during your event:
- The use of 32” TV with VCR/DVD), 2 easels and wireless internet access
- Tables and chairs for up to 70 guests in the dining area
- More guests can certainly be accommodated, up to 150; chairs and tables are available for rental as needed.
- Use of property – 155 acres (including two outdoor/covered pavilions)
- Hiking trails
- Fishing – no fee, must bring own equipment
Additional Activities/Services can be provided for an additional cost, for example a LCD Projector ($50); team leader and facilitators can be contacted through Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood.